HWR-01 Destroid Monster (a.k.a MAC-II G)
(Version 1.00 - Last updated: 5/20/98)
- Original Concept by Smoke4free (Hanknet@aol.com)
- History and RPG Statistics by Kenneth
Immediately after the end of the First Robotech War, the Earth Defense Command came to
the realization that future conflicts would not be fought with large numbers of Zentraedi
but with smaller renegade units that had survived and were now thriving in South America,
Africa, and South East Asia. With the pressure put on the mecha factories for
producing mecha for the Robotech Expeditionary Forces, the RDF knew that they would have
to make due with the units they had on hand.
Most of the Destroids and VF-1 series veritechs were already supremely adapted to
fighting the Zentraedi under any circumstances and did not require any field
modifications. However to the Robotech Bio-Engineers, the MAC-II series of destroids
had limited use in ground based insurgency missions. This was for two main reasons.
First the MAC-II has finite ammunition supplies, only 10 shots for each gun for the
series I-III and 15 shots for the series IV, for its large Newport News projectile
cannons. As a result, the MAC-II could not operate very far from its base of
operations. In addition to the lack of ammunition, the MAC-II was extremely slow,
possessing a top speed of only 35 kph.
The most obvious modification was to replace the 406 mm cannons with four PB-11
(extended) particle beam cannons. This resulted in a savings of 50 metric tons,
while retaining the long range of the extended barrel PB-11. Although the maximum
damage potential had decreased, the lack of ammunition would allow the MAC-II G to
operate nearly indefinitely from RDF outposts. The weight savings increased the top
speed to 50 kph. Although MAC-II pilots joked that instead of not being able to get
to the battlefield during a conflict, they could now arrive to fire the final shot.
Some 50 MAC-II's were field upgraded to the G (for ground support) version.
Fifteen of these units were placed immediately into action providing the ground support
for Operation Dark Star, the
containment of Khyron during Operation Star Saver in November of 2013. These mecha
proved there worth destroying some 10 Zentraedi Pods in the first volley and destroying 25
units without suffering a single loss of their own. This was the final time that
large groups of the MAC-II G would participate in an operation together. However,
the MAC-II G series was highly successful, providing ground support for most of the major
incursions into the Zentraedi Control zone.
- Vehicle Type:
- Three or four man all weather heavy support Destroid
- Class: Destroid
Manufacturer: Robotech Defense Forces
Crew: Three or Four - Commander, Pilot, and Weapons Officer (with optional sensors
MDC BY LOCATION:
|Dual Particle Cannons (2)
|Upper Arms (2)
|Forearms/Tri Cannons (2)
|(1) Main Body
|Reinforced Pilots Compartment
- Depleting the MDC of the main body will destroy the mecha.
- 50 kph
- 22.5 m
- 22.1 m (w/barrels), 13.1 m (w/o barrels)
- 19.8 m
- 150.7 metric tons
- PHYSICAL STRENGTH:
- Equal to a P.S. of 60
- Up to an additional eight passengers and/ or associated equipment
- POWER PLANT:
- WT-1001 Fusion Reactor 8.58 MW
- CT-8P Fusion Reactor .66 MW
- Dual Particle Cannons PB-11 (extended): The MAC-II G mounts two dual mounted
extended PB-11. These weapons are in place of the Newport News mk6 406mm on the Mark I,
II, and III or the Newport News mk8 381mm on the Mark IV. The PB-11 has a similar damage
potential as the PB-11; however the longer barrel provides added collimnation and
therefore increased range.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Assault
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Anti-Mecha
- RANGE: 12,700 m
- DAMAGE: 5d10+25 for each single shot, 10d10+50 for each dual shot, or 20d10+100
for each quad shot (for GM's simplicity this is translated into 2d4*10, 4d4*10, and 8d4*10
- RATE OF FIRE: Equal to the combined attacks of the pilot and weapons officer.
- PAYLOAD: Up to four times per melee for each cannon
- 2 x TRIPLE-BARREL RRG MK21 LASER CANNON: As with the MAC-II the MAC-II G has
three laser cannons built into each arm.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE:Assault/Defense
- SECONDARY PURPOSE:Anti-mecha
- RANGE: 16,000 m
- DAMAGE: 3d4*10 for each volley
- RATE OF FIRE: Equal to the combined attacks of the pilot and weapons officer
- PAYLOAD: Eight triple bursts per melee
- HAND TO HAND COMBAT: If necessary, the MAC-II G can engage in melee combat rather
than use a weapon. The Condor is extremely agile and can execute most typical hand to hand
combat moves, such as punches, jump kicks, leap attacks, rolling with impacts, etc.
- Punch: 1D4*10
- Stomp: 2D6*10 . (only effective against small objects)
STANDARD EQUIPMENT FOR THE MAC-II G:
- COMBAT COMPUTER: The MAC-II G is equipped with a combat computer that can
store and analyze data during combat with hostile forces. The combat computer tracks and
identifies specific enemy targets, and has a database of over 10,000 images stored in
memory. The computer can identify and track up to 250 targets simultaneously.
- EXTERNAL AUDIO PICKUP: Range: 300 ft (91.5 m). A sound amplification system that
can pick up normal conversation up to 300 feet away.
- HEAT AND RADIATION SHIELDS: Special shielding prevents the penetration of life
threatening head and radiation. A radiation detection and alarm system are linked with the
shields and will sound an alarm if there is a rupture in the shields and what the levels
of radiation are.
- HOMING SIGNAL: The escape pod of the MAC-II G is equipped with a homing device
that enables rescue teams to locate a disabled craft or ejected life pod. The range of the
signal is 400 miles (640 km). Most RDF ships and veritechs can locate and track a homing
signal, and the onboard computers will automatically notify their pilots if such a signal
- LASER TARGETING SYSTEM: Range: 20 miles (160 km). Used for increased accuracy in
the striking of enemy targets and is partly responsible for the mecha's strike bonus.
- LOUDSPEAKER: A loudspeaker system is built into the craft, which can be used to
amplify the pilot's voice up to 90 decibels.
- OPTICS: INFRARED: Range: 2000 feet (610 m). This optical system projects a beam
of infrared light that is invisible to the normal eye, but detectable by the mecha's
sensors. The system allows the pilot to detect hidden/concealed objects by their IR
reflectiveness. The beam will be visible to anyone with IR sensitive optics, however.
- OPTICS: NIGHTVISION: Range: 2000 feet (610 m). A passive light image intensifier
that emits no light of its own, but relies on ambient light which is electronically
amplified to produce a visible picture.
- OPTICS: THERMAL IMAGER: Range: 2000 feet (610 m). A passive optical heat sensor
that detects infrared radiation projected by warm objects and converts that data into a
false-color visible image. The system enables the pilot to see in the dark, in shadows,
and through smoke, and also adds a +10% bonus to pilots using a tracking skill.
- RADAR: 50 mile range.
- RADIO/VIDEO COMMUNICATION: Long range, directional communications system with
satellite relay capabilities. Range: 600 miles (960 km) or can be boosted indefinitely via
- SELF-DESTRUCT: To prevent capture of an advance variable fighter by the enemy,
the pilot can activate the MAC-II G self-destruct system, which will cause the
fighter to explode after a delay of up to 60 minutes (time is set by the pilot). The
explosive damage is contained within a 20 foot (6 m) area and inflicts 1D6x10 M.D. to
everything within the radius of the explosion. All internal systems are obliterated. The
escape pod will be automatically ejected prior to the explosion unless the pilot overrides
the ejection sequence.
- STANDARD SURVIVAL KIT: All REFs mecha come equipped with a portable survival kit.
Inside the small reinforced box is a medium-sized flashlight, two hand flares, one rocket
flare, a compass, infrared distancing binoculars, a small mirror, a pocket knife,
dehydrated and concentrated food (can be stretched into a five day supply for one person)
and basic first aid items (aspirin, bandages, disinfectants, etc.)
- TACTICAL LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEM: The Condor's cockpit is pressurized, and also
provides additional air feeds to the pilot's flight suit that provides him with
- ELETTRONICA RADAR WARNING RECEIVER (RWR)
- OLDEFT INFRA-RED WARNING RECEIVER (IRWR)
- WESTINGHOUSE ALQ-250(V) ACTIVE SENSOR JAMMER
COMBAT BONUSES FOR MAC-IIG TRAINING:
- 2 attacks per melee (plus those of the pilot and weapons officer).
- Add one additional action/attack at levels five and ten.
- +1 to strike
- +1 to parry
- +0 to dodge
- Can not roll with the punch
- Critical strike same as pilot's hand-to-hand.
REFERENCES USED IN THIS DESIGN
- Robotech Technical Files: HWR-00 Monster
- Palladium Books: Robotech the Roll Playing Game
Back to Mecha Home