Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I contact you?
- How do I get a link on your page?
- How do I submit material to Robotech Research?
- Do you run an online campaign?
- Is Robotech Research associated with The
Unofficial Robotech Technical Guide?
- Didn't you have plans for a Crystal Dreams fan
How do I contact you?
- E-mail me at olsonk <at> robotechresearch <dot> com (I have written the
e-mail address in such a fashion to hinder spiders from finding my e-mail
How do I get a link on your page?
- The first thing you must do is E-mail me at olsonk <at> robotechresearch
I am fairly selective about adding links right now and as a result will only consider you
if your page is something more than the "<put your name here> Robotech
Page" with a sign below that reads "under construction". In the
future I am thinking about adding a general links page were all Robotech pages no matter
the content are rated and linked.
How do I submit material to Robotech
- For RPG related material:
- They must have an associated picture
- They must not conflict with a previous techfile that I have written, but
not necessarily with those written by others included on Robotech Research
- I am more likely to accept RPG techfiles for
mecha/vehicles/starships/weapons seen in the show and or related works over
purely fan based ones.
- Everything else
- No video or sound clips will be accepted
- Other material will be judged based off the quality of the work
Do you run an online
- At this time the answer is no. If this changes I will post the
details on Robotech Research. I do however run a campaign in Eau Claire
Wisconsin approximately twice a year and you are welcome to join if you live
in the area.
Is Robotech Research
associated with The Unofficial Robotech Reference Guide?
- The short answer is no, I am not a contributor of RRG. Yes, much of
the statistical data presented in Robotech Research (RR) agree quite closely
with RRG and generally I agree with them for 95% of their material; however,
one has to remember that we are both using primary material for our references
and thus it is to be expected that much of the technical data will agree.
However, what many people fail to realize is that much of the data on both RRG
and RR is pure speculation and thus open to interpretation.
One can read about my technical qualifications
Did you have plans for a
Crystal Dreams fan supplement?
- Yes, I had plans for a fan supplement based off of the abortive Robotech
Crystal Dreams video game for the N64. Writing of the scenario had
progressed beyond the outline stage and I was within a couple of months of
publishing the adventure to Robotech Research.
However, two things happened
which forced me to delay the release. First, I had originally decided to
include some of the mecha from Macross 2036 as an extra challenge for the
players. After further consideration, I decided that the supplement should
remain as true and possible to the game. This means that all the enemies
should be those that the players would actually encounter and not from a
parallel Macross based universe. The second reason, is that I was busy with
other projects. I update Robotech Research several times a month and I
could not find any time to rewrite the adventure under my time constraints.
The work is not dead, only sleeping and I will get back to it eventually.